Sharing

postings of old papers & pictures I have saved or inherited.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Endometrial Cancer Fighter. Cant' call me a survivor until 2012.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Benjamin Franklin Tucker

Now that I have all these marriages, births and deaths typed out, I know who these people are.

B. F. Tucker was my great great grandfather. He was married twice, first to Lucinda Penelope Maddox (I've seen her grave marker and on it her name is written Lou P. Maddox Tucker.. some genealogy sites have her name as Loup. oh well, at least we know her real name).

B. F. and Lou had the following children:
Otha Erastus
Pearl Edward
Elizabeth Eveline
Henry Madison
Olive Ethel
Varina Doris (Davis?)
Benjamin Franklin, Jr.

The baby, Benjamin Franklin, Jr., only lived to be 4 months old.. and then his mother died 5 months after that in Nov. 1896.

A year later in Dec. 1897, B. F. married Ida Mae Walker.

B. F. and Ida Mae had one child:

Thomas Walker Tucker born in Jan. 1899. He was nicknamed Walker. Walker married Susie Smith Tucker and became my grandparents. I never knew Walker, he died long before I was born, but my grandmother, Nanny, was very present in my life.

3 years after her mother dies and 9 months after Walker is born, Varina dies on her 10th birthday. She shares her mother's headstone.. whether out of love and sentiment or economy, I don't know. Her name and dates of birth & death are carved on the side of the stone (it's a unusual square marker, shaped kinda like a church spire). I don't know if she's buried in the same space as her mother or to the side.

So much loss in such a short time in that family.

I hope this makes things clearer for some.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home